The Breast Care Navigator provides individualized guidance to women recently diagnosed with breast cancer. The Navigator follows women throughout every aspect of treatment, aiding in dispelling fear, linking to financial and quality of life support resources and being a comfort and friend to patients and their families. The Navigator supports almost 200 patients annually.
Susan G. Komen for the Cure- Ozark Affiliate provides significant funding for the Breast Care Navigator program.
Breast Cancer Navigator Services
The Breast Cancer Navigator:
- Specializes in educational information about benign and malignant breast diseases, treatments and side effects of treatment.
- Provides facts about breast cancer, not opinions and no treatment advice, and supports the decisions of the physician and patient.
- Provides link to language translation when necessary.
- Provides emotional support to breast cancer patients and their families.
- Conducts continual assessment of the educational, physical, psychological and social needs of the patient and family members.
- Makes appropriate referrals for additional assessment when needed.
- Serves as a support group facilitator for a variety of breast cancer support groups.
- Coordinates Washington Regional's weekly multi-disciplinary Breast Conference.
- Provides financial and support services resources to patients and their families.
- Serves as an advocate for breast cancer patients.
- Becomes a knowledgeable friend to each patient.
Contact our Breast Cancer Navigator
For more information on the Breast Care Navigator program, contact Cancer Support Home at (479) 521-8024.